Two teams, among the groups working on cancer at IPBS, investigate DNA transactions in pathological (ionizing radiations and clastogenic chemotherapeutic drugs) and physiological settings (antigen receptor rearrangements). Their respective projects highly benefit from collaborations with other IPBS teams specialized in NMR, structural biology and computer simulation, and from in-house core facilities such as proteomics, advanced light microscopy (two-photon microscopy), and animal facilities.
In order to strengthen this research topic at IPBS, we are looking for a junior group leader using cutting-edge approaches in the DNA damage response (DDR) area, connected with cancer through epigenetics, transcriptional regulation, DNA repair pathologies, chromosomal translocations, DDR-targeted drug discovery, or tumor resistance and/or vulnerabilities to clastogenic agents and/or DDR modulation.
Selected publications from our research teams
- Oudinet C et al. (2020) Recombination may occur in the absence of transcription in the immunoglobulin heavy chain recombination centre. Nucleic Acids Res
- Duskova et al. (2019) DNA Junction Ligands Trigger DNA Damage and Are Synthetic Lethal with DNA Repair Inhibitors in Cancer Cells. JACS
- Santos JM et al. (2019) Two modes of cis-activation of switch transcription by the IgH superenhancer. PNAS
- Oudinet et al. (2019) Developmental regulation of DNA cytosine methylation at the immunoglobulin heavy chain constant locus. PLoS Genet
- Nemoz, Ropars, Frit et al. (2018) XLF and APLF bind Ku80 at two remote sites to ensure DNA repair by non-homologous end joining. Nat Struct Mol Biol
- Bombarde et al. (2017) The DNA binding polyamine moiety in the vectorized DNA topoisomerase II inhibitor F14512 alters reparability of the consequent enzyme-linked DNA double strand breaks. Mol Cancer Ther
- Braikia et al. (2017) An inducible CTCF insulator delays the IgH 3’ regulatory region-mediated activation of germline promoters and alters class switching. PNAS
- Chanut, Britton et al. (2016) Coordinated nuclease activities release Ku from single-ended DNA double strand breaks. Nat Commun
- Menchon et al. (2016) Structure-based virtual ligand screening on the XRCC4/DNA ligase IV interface. Sci Rep
- Yuan, Britton et al. (2015) Single-stranded DNA oligomers stimulate error-prone alternative repair of DNA double-strand breaks through hijacking Ku protein. Nucleic Acids Res
- Braikia et al. (2015) Developmental switch in the transcriptional activity of a long-range regulatory element. Mol Cell Biol
- Puget et al. (2015) Insertion of an imprinted insulator into the IgH locus reveals developmentally regulated, transcription-dependent control of V(D)J recombination. Mol Cell Biol